Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Breezing through Bratislava

From Prague I reversed direction travelling back through Brno and on to Bratislava, Slovakia.
I visited the City museum, not many people in here so staff are keeping an eye on me. Cafe culture in heaps. Dotted about every which way, was pretty busy on the Friday. I wanted to visit the Danubiana Meulensteen Art Museum, a modern art museum which, as you might have guessed, is on the Danube. You can get a boat to go here as it is 20km out of town, but the boat only runs weekends, so I was on the bus. After finding the bus 'area' I couldn't quite find the specific stop, until I saw the bus pull away round the corner.

Oh well, I'll get the next one, time for a wander through the nearby, shiny and new Europeum mall. Anyway at the museum, it is a mix of outdoor sculpture and indoor exhibitions. Some wacky stuff, like 'Yellow Embrace' where you duck into a space and are surround by large portraits of a yellow being! Back in town the main thing to do seem to be to drink coffee or beer and watch the world go by. I can do that!

No comments: